Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Gear

I still have no idea how you are suppose to fit all this stuff in a kayak, oh well, it seems you can if you pack it right, which I gather is appropriately placing the heavy stuff for balance and then stuffing everything else where it can fit without throwing off the balance. Only way to know for sure is to actually pack it up and see.

Until I know otherwise, this is my running list of items. The pain seems to be you have to unpack this stuff every day and then pack it up again in the morning, oh well. Once I know what can fit, I will create a specific packing list, everything has a place and I hear you don’t want to go searching a different place every day.

CAMPING GEAR

Tent
Ground Sheet
Sleeping Bag
Sleeping Pad
Folding Chair
Mini Table – First to go if no room
Waterproof Lighter/Matches
Fire Starter
Lantern
Compact Stove
Stove Fuel
Cookware/Plates/Utensils
Garbage Bags
Waterproof Dry Bags

WATER

Water, water, everywhere and not a drop to drink. July heat, need to bring enough clean water, doesn’t need to last the whole trip at there are many places to fill up, want to store at least 3 days worth and will bring water purifier/filter as backup. Will also have a water bottle handy, this is where I hope the day hatch comes in handy for accessibility to more water. Do not want to get dehydrated.

PERSONAL ITEMS

Toothbrush/toothpaste/Floss
Deodorant
Biodegradable Soap/ Shampoo
Toilet Paper
Towel
Razor
Advil
Lip Balm
Bug Repellant
Sunscreen
Log Book to document trip

FOOD & CLOTHING

Haven’t given much thought to this yet, obviously I will be needing some, how much and what specifically, remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment