I have a detailed spreadsheet for tracking all the items and costs for this trip. Once I have the list completed I will post list of everything together. I’m currently running ~$300 below my original estimated cost for the items I’ve purchased so far so that’s good.
My remaining items list is getting smaller, few I haven’t picked up yet or undecided if I’m going to at all.
- Kayak – Still renting and will pop into Swift Canoe next time I'm up north so I can figure out what is included in the rental. Think I will have to pick up a couple minor items like extra skeg cable and kayak repair kit, that should be about it
- Lock Pass – Will purchase at the lock in Port Severn when i'm closer to the date
- Charts – Undecided, might not need
- GPS w BlueChart maps – Undecided, might not need
- Compass – Deck mounted, haven’t found one yet
- Sleeping Bag – Have one but don’t think mine will fit in kayak, think I will have to buy a new one and will go with a compact synthetic
- Sleeping Pad – Have a perfect self inflating one and it's very comfortable, not sure if it will fit, think so, it's about the same length as the tent but a little higher and thicker. Will find out when I do the first trail pack in a real Kayak
- Water Transport – Have water filter but need to carry some, how much or soft vs hard shell container, not 100% sure, thinking 2x2.5 gallon soft water containers. More flexible for getting into kayak
- Compact Folding Chair – Luxury item but want something to sit on
- Spare Batteries – Flashlights and VHF, bunch of AAA
- Solar Charger – Not sure yet, lots of places to charge along the away and have read many mixed reviews on these for extended trips, they require direct sunlight for a day before they hold the charge, I can't really leave it out on the kayak while paddling so may be useless.
- Waterproof Headphones/IPOD case – Undecided, bringing IPOD for campsite use just not sure about while paddling yet, had a discussion with someone about other boats not seeing kayaks well and don't want to have my hearing impared.
- Dry Bags – Have 2x10 liter and a 5. Need at least 3x20 liter for tent, sleeping bag and clothes, will pick them up as needed
- Food - Planning Breakfast, Lunch and dinner meals, will start to put some stuff together that isn’t perishable and fill in the rest before the trip
- Clothes – Probably need a few things, hat, shoes, synthetic stuff etc, haven’t done a list yet but budgeted for it